Friday, October 8, 2010

THE "20MILE RUN"

Groaning and moaning in pain
A stream of pain I felt flowing through my back to my legs
My knee felt a dam of pain
Shoot!!! “Why are you doing this to yourself?”...I asked

But then I remembered why
I remember am doing this for ME, for my FUTURE, and for the people that matter
And that was all the reasons I needed to get me through
My body held on to every breath as if it’s going to be the last
My throat craved for water
I didn’t wear a watch so I would not keep track of how long the pain had lasted
Looking forward to the end
“When am I going to stop?” …I asked myself yet again
I sighed!!!...Muttering “Oh God… This feels terrible”
With every step I took, the harder it got
But every step took me closer to the finish line
I wondered “When am I ever going to get there?”
But I never gave up
I kept taking one step after the other
It took faith, courage, and great endurance to keep moving
Every step cost me great energy from deep within
My body was beginning to tap into my energy reservoir
I knew my energy was running out
Just the same way my body was beginning to give up on me
All I craved for was to stop and quit
But then I knew deep down that wasn’t what I wanted
I needed to finish this for ME, my FUTURE, and the people that matter
So, I reminded myself that every step took me further and closer to the finish line
So, I kept going
So, did the groans and moans of pain kept going
So, did the sweats and the tears flowed
The rhythm of my heart synchronized with the rhythm of the music playing in my ears
I never felt alone because my music kept me company
Every song sank deep within my soul
And I kept moving... Cos I realize that the pain I felt was just a piece of the puzzle …And I kept moving
I opened my eyes, only for me to see …
The Flashing Lights and the Great American Ensign Flying High
A representation of TRUE BRAVERY AND FREEDOM
At that moment it donned on me that I just finished a “20mile run”
A true act of BRAVERY AND COURAGE
The feeling of making it to the finish line was refreshing, liberating, and fulfilling
Yet another piece of puzzle was set in place
But most importantly, for me, it marked yet another milestone written with Sweat and Tears…


~Journal entry (C) 09/25/2010
Written by Olu` A. Bello



***Life isn't always going to be the way we want it; Won't always be easy or without challenges... BUT regardless of the route we choose to take... the most important thing is to Stay focused on the DREAM and keep going regardless of all the Roadblocks, Challenges or Cost that comes with living Life. Remember, Tough times don't last forever, Only Tough People do!!!***

Y'all have a wonderful weekend...
Lots of Love,
~DB~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For Dropping By, Much Love.